To celebrate International Women’s Day and the start of Female football week we are delighted to celebrate not only the fantastic role models we see in Women’s soccer in Australia, strong beautiful women doing what they love but also acknowledge what the game has to offer our girls.
To celebrate we are launching our girls soccer schools which will commence in term 2. These sessions will follow the syllabus of our popular soccer schools however will only be available for girls. Girls are still welcome in our mixed program, but we appreciate that not all players want to be in a mixed environment.
The week of activities across Australia are dedicated to developing Female Football in Australia coincides with today’s International Women’s Day and the Asian Football Confederation’s Women’s Football Day. Speaking at the launch, Gallop said female football in Australia was pivotal to the game’s future development. “We are proud that more than 20% of our entire participation base of outdoor club players are female. No other footy brand can compare with that,” said Gallop.
5 Reasons girls should play football:
- Girls who play sport do better at school – through sport they learn discipline and dedication both key to getting good grades.
- Football helps improve fitness and coordination and is great fun to play, it suits kids at levels of skill.
- Being part of a team helps you make friends who stand by you both on and off the pitch – this can be crucial to help them navigate some of the challenging social issues they may face.
- Football teaches the value of work ethic and cooperation, this determination and focus is valuable in all areas of life
- There are lots of co-ed junior leagues where girls and boys can play in a team together and we have our teams of just girls – don’t miss this invaluable opportunity for your girls to build their self esteem.
At KIKOFF we are proud of all the amazing girls that have been through our football coaching programs and hope you have had as much fun as we have teaching you all!
SOCCER SCHOOLS - GIRL ONLY SESSIONS | TERM 3 STARTS JULY 17REGISTRATION NOW OPEN
KIKOFF Soccer Schools take place during term time and run for 1 hour per week
To register for a program please click on the links in the table.
If you wish to join in with the current term please call 02 9119 3682 to check availability.
Cost: $150 per school term
$70 registration fee for new players which includes full Nike training kit.
12 per pitch / coach max
|GIRLS SOCCER SCHOOLS|
|GIRLS SOCCER SCHOOLS|
|GIRLS SOCCER SCHOOLS
@KIKOFF Fraser Park
|Mondays 4pm||Mondays 4pm|
|Wednesdays 4pm||Wednesdays 4pm|
|Thursdays 4pm||Thursdays 4pm|
@South Coogee Public School
|Tuesdays 3pm||Thursdays 4pm||Thursdays 4pm|