KIKOFF will be running our popular Football Holiday Camps in July at our Sydney facilities. The School Holiday Clinics will focus on Ball Striking and our professional coaches will provide quality sessions at an affordable rate.
To find out more about the programs head to the Junior Football Coaching page or alternatively to sign up you can click on one of the links at the bottom of the page.
The ethos of our coaching programs is simple, we aim to develop players through the notion of technique and small sided games based scenarios. We aim to
continually raise the standard of youth football in a fun and encouraging environment. We aim to provide a place where youngsters can come and grow as people as well as football players by installing values through our sport that will last them a life time.
The July camps focuses on ball striking. This will range from short and long range passing, shooting and finishing (and teaching the difference), volleys and half volleys. Teaching the kids where their non-kicking foot needs to be placed, body position when approaching the ball, to lock their ankle and why we use different parts of the foot for different techniques. By introducing a range of ways to strike the ball, kids can go on to become masters at different techniques, whether it be bending the ball with inside or outside, getting movement on the ball from striking across the ball or becoming a true technician with a range of passing.
The aims of the camp are as follows:
- Introduce players to different ways to strike the ball
- Have players understand the reason of why certain areas of thefoot might be used to complete certain techniques
- Demonstrate the importance of the placement of the standing foot
- Show every time a player looks to distribute it must be with a purpose
- Have players become comfortable using either foot for all techniques